Delicious cake recipe
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
For the chocolate frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. Prepare the dry ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Mix the wet ingredients: In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract until well combined.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
5. Add boiling water: Slowly add the boiling water to the batter and mix until it’s smooth. The batter will be thin, but that’s okay.
6. Bake: Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Cool: Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, then remove them from the pans and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
8. Make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat the softened butter until creamy. Add the cocoa powder and powdered sugar and mix on low speed until combined. Gradually add the milk and vanilla extract while continuing to mix until the frosting reaches your desired consistency.
9. Frost the cake: Once the cakes are completely cooled, spread a layer of frosting on top of one cake layer, then place the second cake layer on top. Frost the top and sides of the entire cake.
10. Decorate (optional): You can decorate your cake with additional chocolate shavings, sprinkles, or any other toppings you prefer.
11. Serve: Slice and serve your delicious homemade chocolate cake!
Here’s a simple recipe for chocolate cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream and milk. Heat the mixture over medium heat until it begins to steam, but do not let it boil. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar and cocoa powder until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they are slightly thickened.
- Gradually whisk the cocoa-sugar mixture into the egg yolks, creating a smooth paste.
- When the cream-milk mixture is steaming, remove it from the heat. Slowly pour a small amount (about 1/4 cup) of the hot liquid into the cocoa and egg mixture while whisking constantly. This is called tempering and prevents the eggs from curdling.
- Once the cocoa-egg mixture has been tempered, gradually pour it back into the saucepan with the remaining cream-milk mixture while whisking continuously.
- Return the saucepan to the stove and heat over low to medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. This should take about 5-7 minutes. It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and immediately add the chopped semi-sweet chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Strain the chocolate cream through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl to remove any lumps or cooked egg bits. This step is optional but will result in a smoother texture.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, making sure the wrap touches the surface of the chocolate cream to prevent a skin from forming.
- Refrigerate the chocolate cream for at least 2-3 hours or until it’s thoroughly chilled.
- Once the chocolate cream is cold, you can serve it as a dessert by itself, with fresh berries, or as a topping for cakes and other desserts.
Enjoy your homemade chocolate cream